Cannabinoids the various chemicals found in cannabis plants. While scientists are only beginning to investigate them, one, in particular, has already shown promise in terms of possible health advantages: cannabidiol, or CBD. CBD, unlike its cousin tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is non-psychoactive, which means it won’t get you high.
CBD is taken in a variety of ways, each with slightly varied results. Sublingual administration and smoking produce immediate calming effects, whilst edibles like CBD gummies UK take longer to take effect but provide a longer ride. We’ll tell you how to speed up the process and feel clear-headed effects in no time, no matter which approaches you to choose.
Each method of administration has its own set of advantages and results. Discover the most common CBD dosages, the finest products to use, and everything else you need to know about each approach in the sections below.
What exactly is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of over 80 active cannabinoids (chemical substances) found in the Cannabis sativa plant. Industrial hemp contains CBD as well. CBD has been utilized for medicinal reasons for ages, dating back to 2700 B.C. This is due to the plant’s interaction with the endocannabinoid system, a modulatory system that keeps the body in balance during times of stress.
CBD does not affect your thinking or induce a psychoactive reaction like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the other primary and most well-known cannabinoid in cannabis. To put it another way, CBD will not get you high.
What is the mechanism behind it?
The brain is affected by cannabidiol. The actual cause of these physical effects is unknown. However, it appears to prevent the breakdown of a brain chemical that regulates mood, pain, and mental function. Preventing this chemical’s breakdown and raising its levels appears to lessen psychotic symptoms linked with disorders like schizophrenia. Cannabidiol may potentially inhibit some of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol’s psychoactive effects (THC). Cannabidiol also appears to help with pain and anxiety.
CBD’s Health Advantages
While research into the health benefits of CBD oil is still in its early stages, studies show that CBD oil may aid in the treatment and prevention of a variety of ailments. CBD may potentially be a useful and natural treatment for mental health disorders, according to more research and data. CBD oil raises anandamide and the neurotransmitter serotonin, leading experts to believe it can aid with stress and act as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient.
Here are just a few of CBD’s advantages:
– Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and epilepsy are all conditions that can be treated. Epidiolex, a prescription medicine manufactured from refined CBD oil, has been approved by the FDA as a treatment for two kinds of uncommon and severe epilepsy.
– Schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression can all benefit from this natural medication.
– Aids in the reduction of stress and the improvement of sleep quality.
– It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Four ways to take CBD
The four methods of administering CBD listed below vary greatly in how your body metabolizes the chemical. Furthermore, the variety of CBD consumption options allows users to mix up their CBD experience. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to taking cannabidiol. Change the duration and speed of the effects by combining different strategies.
1. Inhalation (smoke/vape)
One of the quickest ways to experience CBD’s benefits is to inhale it. When you inhale CBD, it immediately enters your lungs and bloodstream. You can choose to either smoke or vape it.
Smoking CBD concentrate
An oil rig that looks like a water pipe can be used to smoke CBD concentrate. This is accomplished by heating the oil rig’s nail, which contains the CBD concentrate. Rolling a joint containing high-CBD cannabis is a simple option. If you want to try CBD the latter way, be aware that you will also be taking THC.
Benefits of CBD Smoking:
– It has the greatest CBD concentration.
– It’s the quickest method of delivery.
Smoking CBD has some disadvantages:
– Smoking has a negative impact on the lungs and throat.
– Individuals whose condition may not need a heavy dosage may not get the benefit from high doses.
– Additionally, it necessitates the usage of specialized tools (oil rig, dabber, joint paper).
Vaping CBD oil
Alternatively, you can use a vaporizer pen to vape CBD oil. Many reputable vape stores offer a vape starter kit for those who are new to vaping. If you need a high concentration of CBD without the unpleasant side effects of smoking, vaping is the perfect alternative.
CBD vaping has a lot of advantages:
– It provides a high CBD concentration as well as the most powerful effects.
– There is no noxious smoke to hurt your throat or lungs.
– It’s simple to control your dosage.
CBD vaping’s drawbacks:
– You have a tendency to vape at a higher concentration than you require.
– It necessitates the use of additional tools (vape pen and accessories).
2. Topical CBD
Topical CBD does not enter the bloodstream; rather, it interacts with skina> receptors to keep our largest organ healthy, balanced, and supple. Topical formulations also contain a variety of additional compounds that aid in skin health and the prevention of visible aging.
CBD topical products
• Medical CBD Creams: These are Class 1 medical aids that contain CBD as a supplement. CBD is mixed with liposomes to help it penetrate deeper into the skin, while other components nourish and renew it to aid with redness and dryness.
• CBD Beauty Creams: CBD beauty creams combine CBD with the proven benefits of a variety of cosmetic components to keep skin looking young, soft, and supple. CBD beauty creams usually target a certain area, such as the face, as well as the hands and feet.
• Other CBD Topicals: Other CBD topicals encompass things like CBD lip balms and CBD eye gels. These are similar to creams in that they support the skin and help keep it healthy and balanced, but they can provide more supportive layers or faster absorption for their specific areas.
What do you need to know about topical CBD?
The skin is the only organ that is affected by topical CBD. Cannabis, as well as the other natural components, will not enter the bloodstream. Topical CBD penetrates the epidermis of the skin to deliver deeply nourishing effects through the skin’s receptors (ECS of the skin). The cutaneous ECS regulates the delicate balance of proliferation, growth, and cell differentiation that keeps skin operating properly.
3. Ingestion (Edibles)
In terms of popularity, edibles are one of the fastest-growing ways to consume CBD. If you don’t like the flavor of CBD oil on its own, you can simply add it to your meals. CBD edibles, such as CBD gummies or lollipops, are also excellent choices. They’re not only delicious, but they’re also the most inconspicuous way to consume CBD, particularly if you need to take a dose at work.
One thing to keep in mind is to always know how much you’re eating. Edibles’ effects can take many hours to manifest. That said, don’t consume too many pieces under the mistaken belief that nothing is happening. Eat a specific amount and then wait an hour or two to see how you feel before eating more.
Advantages of Edibles:
– An inconspicuous way to consume CBD.
– Because edible oils can be mixed with food and beverages, the possibilities are unlimited.
The disadvantages of edibles:
– The effects could take a few hours to appear.
– It can be difficult to determine the proper dosage.
4. Sublingual (under the tongue) CBD
CBD is placed beneath the tongue until it enters into the oral mucosa via the sublingual pathway. This method of delivery has a quick onset and requires no preparation. It’s quick, simple, and unobtrusive.
CBD sublingual products
• CBD Oil: Before ingesting, place a drop of our full-spectrum CBD oil under your tongue for about a minute. This is how the majority of our CBD oil customers prefer to take it.
• CBD Isolates: These 99 percent pure CBD crystals dissolve quickly beneath the tongue, releasing huge amounts of CBD; however, they don’t have the same health advantages as a full-spectrum oil.
• Meladol: This one-of-a-kind mixture combines the calming effects of CBD with the sleep-inducing properties of melatonin. Designed to aid in the maintenance of a healthy sleep pattern.
• CBD Nasal Spray: Despite being sprayed into the nostril, this nasal spray goes through the mucous membrane in the nose and into the bloodstream. It essentially delivers cannabidiol directly into the bloodstream, similar to sublingual dosing. To help relieve the airways, this Class 1 medical item also contains eucalyptus and capsaicin.
What should you know about CBD sublingual administration?
Sublingual cannabidiol delivery provides a quick and effective dose of cannabidiol. CBD molecules travel through a thin layer of tissue under the tongue and diffuse quickly into the capillaries, circulatory system, and cells, resulting in a high bioavailability of 40–50%.
Because sublingual delivery skips the digestive system, the benefits are seen almost immediately. They will, however, not last as long as CBD taken orally. Sublingual CBD lacks the flavor of oral cannabidiol, despite its rapidity. Simplicity and efficiency will take the place of cakes, candy, and smoothies. Most CBD oil is used in a sublingual and oral manner, with the oil being held under the tongue for a few seconds before swallowing the rest, combining the benefits of both.
If you wish to try CBD for chronic pain, sleeplessness, anxiety, or any other health condition, you should know that there are a variety of ways to do so. Whether you like vaping, topical applications, edibles, or sublingual delivery, doing your research and planning ahead of time can ensure a smooth and happy experience.
For Canadians, click here to buy CBD oil products.